What Is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a highly effective digital marketing strategy of sending emails to prospects and customers. Effective marketing emails convert prospects into customers and switch one-time buyers into loyal, raving fans.
Pro Tip: inspect these digital marketing best practices to level up your marketing game.
This guide is for those who’re able to plan to email marketing. If you’re unsure, you’ll want to read our guide on why you would like to create an email list RIGHT NOW!
This is an extended and detailed guide, so we’ve broken it down into different sections you’ll get to using the links within the Table of Contents below.
By using this definitive guide, you’ll know:
How to build an email list filled with targeted customers.
How to optimize your emails for the very best open rates and click-through rates (CTR).
How to automate the method of nurturing your leads and turning prospects into customers.
Then let’s dive into the foremost comprehensive guide to email marketing on the whole internet.
Table of Contents
Why Email Marketing?
Growing Your Email List
Choosing an Email Service
Segmenting Your Email List
Improving Email Open Rates
Automated Email Marketing
Frequently Asked Questions
The Importance of Email Marketing
We’ve covered the most important question, what’s email marketing, but haven’t gotten into why email marketing is so vital for your business. Let’s mention that now.
Despite the increase of social media and unsolicited spam email (which isn’t an honest marketing strategy, by the way), email remains the foremost effective thanks to nurturing leads and switch them into customers.
There are many reasons you ought to make email marketing one among your top priorities, but here are the highest 3:
1. Email is that the #1 channel. Did you recognize that a minimum of 99% of consumers check their email on a daily basis? That can’t be said of the other channel .
2. You own your list. On any social media platform, your account (along with all of your fans and posts) might be suspended or deleted at any time, for any reason, all of sudden . However, you own your email list. nobody can take those leads faraway from you.
3. Email just converts better. people that buy products marketed through email spend 138% quite those that don’t receive email offers. In fact, email marketing has an ROI of 4400%. That’s huge! And if you’re wondering if social media converts even better, think again: the typical order value of an email is a minimum of 3 times above that of social media.
Email is just the simplest thanks to make sales online.
How-To: Email Marketing
Wondering the way to start with email marketing? Email marketing is formed from several moving pieces, but that doesn’t mean it’s to be complicated. Here’s how it breaks down…
You start together with your list. OptinMonster has made it super easy to start out collecting leads directly , even without an email marketing service, with our Monster Leads integration.
With Monster Leads, you’ll begin building your email list, and even begin reaching bent leads, while keeping your leads stored safely inside your OptinMonster dashboard. Then, when you’re ready…
You add an email service provider. There are plenty of them out there, but we take the guesswork out and make it very easy to settle on the proper one for you and your goals.
After those two steps, it’s just a matter refining your lists and your messaging so you’re reaching your audience and really connecting with them. Plus, you’ll be ready to found out some automation in your email service which can make things much easier for you.
Ready to jump in? Let do it!
Growing Your Email List
What most of the people do once they want to create an email list is to place an optin form on their website and hope that folks check in . Unfortunately, this strategy usually doesn’t work alright .
To grow your email list, you would like to draw in people with a compelling offer. you would like a lead magnet.
What is a Lead Magnet?
A lead magnet (a.k.a. an optin bribe) are some things awesome that you simply divulge for free of charge in exchange for an email address. It doesn’t need to cost you anything to create; most lead magnets are digital materials like PDFs, MP3 audio files, or videos that you simply can create yourself at minimal or no cost.
It are often absolutely anything you would like , goodbye because it provides value to your visitors for free of charge .
Some popular lead magnet examples are:
A cheat sheet of tips or resources
White papers or case studies
Free trials or samples
A free quote or consultation
Quizzes or a self-assessment
The possibilities are endless!
For even more lead magnet ideas, inspect our list of lead magnet ideas to grow your email list.
Learn More: unsure the way to create a lead magnet, or need step-by-step guidance? OptinMonster customers have FREE access to the way to Create a Lead Magnet from OptinMonster University!
What Makes an honest Lead Magnet?
You already know that a lead magnet must provide value for free of charge . But if you would like your lead magnet to be highly effective, here are 5 criteria for you to consider:
1. Easily consumed: Lead magnets are only effective when the audience uses them, so if you deliver a 300-page manifesto, you won’t gain traction.
2. Actionable: Lead magnets got to provide an actionable tool, skillset, or useful information that your audience can apply.
3. Creates noticeable improvement: People still buy products and services if they work well. Your lead magnet will become successful if it’s as valuable as your products and services.
4. Relevant: If you’ve done your homework about your prospects, you’ll haven’t any trouble arising with a lead magnet subject that solves problems.